To install a Strategy right click on your NinjaBots range bar chart and Strategies.
From the Strategies window double-click ...Sceeto - NinjaBots.
To load the pre-installed Strategy configuration for a 3 tick ES range bar chart, click the 'template' link in the lower right-hand corner of the window, then click 'load'.
Then click on 'NinjaBots - ES 3 Tick Range Bar' then click Load.
In order to run your NinjaBots, the Strategy must be Enabled.
There are 2 ways to enable your strategy:
1. Click the 'Enabled' box in the Strategy's Properties menu:
2. Within the Controls Centers Strategies tab click the 'Enabled' box:
Traders can configure the following NinjaBot Strategy Properties:
Stops & Targets
Using an ATM
ATM Settings - You can opt to use an ATM to automatically manage your trade upon fill.
To do this:
1) Enter the name of your ATM strategy in the ATM Template Name field.
2) Select ATM in the Exits field.
NinjaBots installs a pre-configured ATM template of 5 tick profit target with a 5 tick stop where the stop automatically is moved to breakeven when the position reaches a 4 tick profit.
You can use any ATM strategy that you'd like.
The installed ATM is for demonstration purposes and is not a recommendation.
Note - If you use an ATM to manage your NinjaBot trade, NinjaTrader will not plot the executions on your chart. You can however, open an ancillary chart, then open Chart Trader, and you will see your trades on this ancillary chart.
Using Local Settings
You can set your stop and target within the NinjaBot strategy using Local Settings:
To do so:
1) Enter the profit in ticks in the Profit Target field
2) Enter stop in ticks in the Stop field
3) Set the field Exits to 'Local Settings'
NinjaBots Entry Signals
There are 3 types of entry signals.
1) The closing direction of a Range Bar
2) A Book Pressure reading that meets or exceeds a threshold value
3) An Engulfing Sweep of the order book
Of these 3 entry signals, only Book Pressure needs to be configured by the trader.
The Book Pressure trigger value is set in the NinjaBot strategy's Book Pressure Threshold field:
NinjaBot Entry Orders
You can configure your NinjaBot to enter on either a Market or a Limit order.
When opting to use a Limit order, you can specify the limit entry as it relates to the close of the signal bar.
To instruct your NinjaBot to place a Limit order you must select Limit in the Order Execution Type field and also select a price offset that instructs your bot what limit price it should use as it relates to the closing price of the signal bar.
The limit offset settings are as follows:
- Equal to the close of the signal bar enter 0 in the Limit Order Entry Offset field.
- One tick above the close of the signal bar for Long bots, and one tick below the close of the signal bar for short bots, enter -1 in the Limit Order Entry Offset field.
This will have you 'paying up' a tick for your trade, but will have a more likely opportunity for your bot to fill, especially in a fast market.
- One tick below the close of the signal bar for Long bots, and one tick above the close of the signal bar for short bots, enter 1 in the Limit Order Entry Offset field.
This will save you a tick on your trade, but will cause instances where your bot will not get filled.
To instruct your bot to use Market orders for entry, select Market the Order Execution Type field: