I use the following 2 sites to make custom audio alerts for Sierra Chart and SceetoBots.
The first site uses IBM's Watson to create audio files using a text to speach engine. Once you type in your text, you can download a .mp3 file.
The second site converts the mp3 file that you created into a .wav file.
Sierra Chart requires .wav files for its audio alerts.
In the Momentum Alert study can assign the Sierra Chart audio alert in the 'Alert Sount' Input:
Sample SceetoBot Alert Files Here.
How to Set Sierra Chart Alerts
Alerts / General 3
Alert Sound Settings (Global Settings >> General Settings >> Alerts / General 3)
To access the Alert Sound Settings, select Global Settings >> General Settings >> Alerts from the menu.
You can set a sound to play when trade orders are Filled or Canceled.
Alert sounds will also be played when Advanced Custom Studies generate sound alerts.
Sierra Chart supports 150 Alert Sound configurations. An e-mail message can also be sent when an Alert sound is played.
When an Alert Number is triggered, a message will also be added to the Alerts Log with complete details about the alert.
These sounds are from standard wav files that can be located anywhere on your computer.
Configuring Alert Number Instructions
To set up the specific alert sound file to be played and also set up an e-mail alert for a particular Alert Number follow these steps:
- Select Global Settings >> General Settings.
- Select the Alerts tab.
- In the Alerts Settings frame select an Alert Number in the Alert #'s drop down list. All of the settings except for the E-mail Address in the Alert Settings frame apply to the currently selected Alert Number.
- The settings for each Alert Number set in the General Settings >> Alerts tab, correspond to the Alert Sound >> Alert Number set on a study or on a chart, and the Alert Number in Global Settings >> General Trade Settings for order related alerts.
- Press the Select Sound File button to choose the wav sound file to play. The sound file can be located in any folder.
- In the Number of Times to Play This Alert box, specify the number of times to play the sound file associated with the selected Alert Number. This can be set to 0 to not play the sound file if you just want a text message only.
- You have the ability to rename the selected Alert Number by entering a more descriptive name in the User Defined Name box. Wherever you normally would see the particular Alert Number listed in Sierra Chart, instead you will see your user-defined name.
- Enable the Send E-Mail When This Alert Is Triggered option if you want an e-mail message or Twitter message sent when the selected Alert Number is triggered. Enter your e-mail address or Twitter username in the E-Mail Address or Twitter username box. For further details about this, refer to E-mail Notifications for Alerts.
- Enable the Send SMS When This Alert Is Triggered option if you want to send an SMS message to a mobile device when the selected Alert Number is triggered. For complete details, refer to SMS Notifications for Alerts.
- Repeat steps 3 through 8 above to set the settings for each Alert # you are using.
- Press OK.
User Defined Name
You have the ability to rename a particular Alert Number by entering a more descriptive name in the User Defined Name box. Wherever you normally would see the particular Alert Number listed in Sierra Chart, instead you will see your user-defined name.